World Language National Honor Societies
The World Language National Honor Societies (WLNHS) incorporates four different societies into one. Each society represents the four world languages (French, German, Russian, and Spanish) taught at Sparta High School. Students who excel in their foreign language studies may be nominated and inducted into each society annually. The honor societies are designed to promote scholarship and service for all students.
Requirements for Admission and Continued Membership in Language Honor Societies:
- The student shall have a cumulative average of 3.0.
- The student shall maintain a 3.75 average in the language.
- The student shall have completed at least one and one half years of language study and be enrolled in Level III, IV, or V.
- Once inducted, members must be available to participate in a peer tutoring program in order to sustain their membership.
- The student must demonstrate understanding and compliance with the school’s disciplinary policies (no truancies, cuts, or more than 1 U per marking period).
- Once initiated, a student may remain a member as long as he/she is enrolled in the foreign language and maintains all academic, disciplinary and service requirements.
- Membership will be revoked for failure to maintain the requirements.
French Honor Society
Pascal Byrne/Christiane Wessels/
German Honor Society
Michael Bendorf/Christiane Wessels
Russian Honor Society
Spanish Honor Society