Handle with Care Behavior Management System
Handle with Care is the life’s work of founder Bruce Chapman. HWC has revolutionized the science of crisis intervention and physical restraint training through its world renowned programming. For over thirty years, HWC has earned an international reputation for teaching the safest and most powerful verbal and physical intervention methods in the history of the industry.
Throughout the year Special Services will work to raise awareness and understanding for key health and disabilities awareness days, weeks, and months around the world. The following provides a list of those days, weeks, and months.
- January 4: World Braille Day
- March 21: World Down Syndrome Day
- March 25: U.S. National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day
- March 26: Purple Day for Epilepsy
- April 2: World Autism Awareness Day (Recognized by the UN)
- April 16: National Stress Awareness Day
- May 14: Childhood Speech Apraxia Awareness Day
- May 27: World Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Awareness Day
- July 16: Disability (ADA) Awareness Day
- September 10: World Suicide Prevention Day
- October 9: PANDAS/PANS Awareness Day
- October 5 to October 11: Dyslexia Awareness Week
- November 14: World Diabetes Day (Recognized by the UN)