SPARTA TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS COVID-19 INFORMATION
STPS Reopening Plans Update
Please click the below links to view the STPS Reopening Plans Update video presentation and/or document dated today, March 25th, from Patrick McQueeney, Interim Superintendent of Schools.
Superintendent Search Update
Dear Sparta Learning Community,
On behalf of the Sparta Board of Education, I would like to provide you with a brief update regarding the Superintendent search. At the 8/27/20 Board of Education meeting the BoE approved the hiring of the superintendent search firm R-Pat Solutions, LLC. The Sparta BoE will work closely with R-Pat Solutions, LLC to find the best candidate for the Sparta Superintendent of Schools.
Here is a brief timeline (all dates are flexible and subject to change):
- November - The Board will advertise the vacancy and seek interested applicants;
- Mid-November through early-December - Survey to be sent out to the learning community and stakeholders seeking community feedback ;
- November - Consultants will "meet" w/stakeholders this month to explain the process. Dates and details tbd;
- Mid-December - Application closes;
- January 2021 - Interviews to be held;
- March, 1, 2021 - Goal is for the Sparta Board of Education to appoint a candidate;
- July 1, 2021 - Target start date (if not before).
The Sparta Board of Education is committed to finding an exceptional candidate for our school district. More details will follow as dates are confirmed. Thank you for your support during this process.
Kimberly A. Bragg
President, Sparta Board of Education